Sunday, October 31, 2010

BOOOOKSSS

Okay. As we all know I already have Crescendo(was disappointed with the story), but I haven't told you guys about my other books. Somewhere in October I made my mom buy me Forgive my Fins, which I have been wanting the most out of my to-read books, and Linger as part of my birthday gift(singular because I consider it a set/package lol). I wanted The DUFF and A Kiss in Time too but ended up with buying only two books after having a lengthy discussion that made me tear up. Uh, yeaaah, errr... yeah. She said she'll buy only two books so of course I was mad, I mean, I haven't even showed her Gossip Girl The Carlyles: Love The One You're With! She wanted to buy only A Kiss in Time because it was a paperback and it was cheap compared to the rest, and I was like WHAT!IDONTEVENLIKETHISASMUCHASTHEREST!111!!ELEVEN!! blah blah... I ended up with Forgive My Fins, which was uber cute--the cover, not the jacket, and the story of course--and Linger, which was a bit... bleak or boring compared to Shiver, but I liked it nonetheless.

This is the part where I'm gonna talk about what I like and what I didn't, etc. with the mentioned books.
With Forgive My Fins, I love Quince and Lily. Super cute couple! Though not in the same level of cuteness with Sam and Grace(they're cute because they're really sweet and not like other YA couples who seem their lives revolve around each other). Quince and Lily are like, cute because they make me giddy. If I could have a real life boyfriend based from a book, it would be Quince. Haha, no, seriously.


Well, with Linger it was a bit boring, it's like licking an ice cream then you get bored then you finally decide to eat the cone, but I understand it's really part of the story, so that was not an insult. With Grace, the pain she felt kept reappearing and then she feels something then it's gone and so on. She never really decided to go straightforward and think about what might actually be causing her problem and stuff centering on that, and she doesn't want to admit about what might actually happen to her, though it somewhat hinted about her feeling something(in the gut, maybe? pun not intended) that her sickness is related to wolves. Or rather, her being one. But she doesn't really want to admit it and face the truth. Well, I mean, if you were in her shoes and your wolf boyfriend is already human(we'll see..... lol spoiler!) would you still want to be a wolf? No. So probably she's rational. Somewhat.
Anyway, one thing that bugged me ever since Shiver was how people actually wanted to be wolves. As Sam said, it's like a suicide. Who would want to be a wolf just to forget your life? Not me. Cole did. And, seriously. You should've just run away or something if you wanna forget, not agree on changing to some other form. And, one thing, why would you want to be a wolf when sooner or later you'll become one permanently? Seriously?! You were born to a beautiful world(uh-huh) then you end up dying an animal--literally? What crazy person would want that?!!! I know we're talking about fiction, so I'm wondering that out loud to, you know, others. Cough, Cole and Shelby, and, cough, somehow Olivia(hey, she wanted it in the end in Shiver), cough. Speaking of Olivia, where was she in Linger? Oh man. Though I cracked up with Rachel and the things she say, like, "Boyfruits". Haha.



30stm-Hurricane. This song is the bomb.


Labelled as TGIF though it's already Saturday(12 AM) but I started writing this in Friday, so... And I only have one post under TGIF, people. Haha. As Boys Like Girls and Taylor Swift said, two is better than one.


No comments:

Post a Comment