Wednesday, October 27, 2010

CRESCENDO OMG! SQUEAL!

OMGIAMSOHAPPYBECAUSEINOWHAVECRESCENDO!!WHICHIBOUGHTFROMMYOWNMONEYBUTSTILL!!!

-
A week before, I was totally ready to order books on Amazon(I forced my mom that it's gonna be my birthday gift. No, not gifts. I counted them as one. Haha) and my mom told me her limit's $40 but it went beyond to $68 and then when I ordered, there was no Super Saver Shipping and I realized it said "to a single U.S. address". I was like, "NOOOO". So I asked my mom to find someone who'll come home to the Phils. from US. So then she said her friend's sibling will arrive November something, and I asked her, "Wouldn't that be a problem because there's a limit for the weight of baggages and it might be a problem for her blah blah..." and she agreed so then we were like :| and then when I went to a bookstore I saw The DUFF, Linger, Forgive My Fins, Gossip Girl The Carlyles: Love The One You're With, which are all included in my Amazon wishlist! I was really really happy and excited and just.. stoked!

So I texted my mom to come to this particular mall (she wasn't able to come to because she had work. It was a non-working holiday... her bosses are probably crazy or something) but she said she couldn't because of reasons which I'm too lazy to specify. So... where was I?.... Oh. So I was sad and when I went home I told my mom about it and we agreed we'd go to that mall the day after tomorrow. Ye-haaaaayyyy!
-


So... my classmate told me about Crescendo and showed me the book, which was held by her twin sister that time because she was reading it, and I instantly became shocked and excited and happy and angry and frustrated. I was angry because I can't believe they got the book even before I did. It's not that I don't want them to read it, it's just that I was hoping I was the one who first reads it but obviously that didn't happen. I was excited and happy because it's finally here! In the Philippines! They said they bought it Saturday, which was October 23 and they told me the exact place where they bought it, and also the price. I needed details, okay?

I asked my mom to buy me the book yesterday(when I found out it's already out in the Phils.) but she said she
couldn't. She totally could, she just wouldn't. Bummer. So I brought my own money with me to school and a classmate(last year I lent her my copy in school, and she wasn't able to finish so she bought her own. I got her into Hush, Hush, jsyk.) and I agreed to go to this mall to look for the book. I found one, but it has a very minor damage on the spine(the silver/grey was kind of scratched off so it became white) and besides if I bought it, what about her, my classmate? So we agreed to ask the saleslady in the Customer Information desk to ask if their branch in this grocery store had copies. She said there were two and we had it reserved and then we set off, and when we went to the bookstore there were three copies. My friend got hers, I got mine but it had a damage(this long kind of scratch in the spine too, and a part of the cover and jacket was folded), and the other copy had a worse damage too—there was a tear in a part of the cover jacket. So I told my friend I’ll just buy one in another grocery since the bookstore had a branch there too. It’s not a problem to me because actually the grocery was kind of near to the place where I live. Then we said our goodbyes and in this third place I went to to search for the book which hopefully has no damage, there were two copies. There were, thank goodness, fine. I picked one up which looked better to me and went home(not after buying food. My tummy was lonely) and there I sang Hallelujah (no, not the one by Paramore) repeatedly and celebrated and basked in the glory only a book I wanted so much and bought with my own money gave.



Now I'm feeling so fly like a G6.




*will edit(add pictures, whatever) when I have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment