Sunday, October 17, 2010

ETCETERA

Hello you guise! Here's a not-so-quick update.

I finished reading Hunger Games(which I borrowed from the school library mainly for my sister to read, but eventually I read it too. Actually, I was shocked when I first saw the book there, I mean I was like, "WHAT THEY HAVE YA HERE?!") a few days ago and and at the last pages(when they were gonna be crowned victors--KatnissxPeeta, my eyes rolled, my eyes narrowed, my brows furrowed, and I threw the book(I was in the bed reading, so it wasn't damaged, and btw that was the first time I ever did that). Well, mixed emotions, I guess. I mean, I get it. Katniss needed to act all sweet but I thought it was over-the-top sweet. All that's missing are ants. Too sweet, in fact, I cringed, honestly. And Gale! Oh, how my heart breaks for him. It's depressing, he was, like, only in the first part of the book, excluding Katniss's memories of and with him. But I also felt somehow sorry for Peeta, I mean... unrequited love. And Peeta's dad(he wanted to marry Katniss's mom)! Oh well. And as for Rues, how sad! And Glimmer too. I felt sad for her death. Maybe because her beauty was wasted, etc. Hahaha. Shallow, I know. Hmm. Thresh's death was sad too. As for Cato, if Katniss will just shoot him at the end, why did she not do it before the muttations tortured Cato more? That's why I rated it 4 stars on Goodreads, because I sort of became angry at the last part.

I need to borrow Catching Fire! I knew HG ever since late 2009, but I didn't really pay much attention to it because I judge a book by its cover and when I saw Hush, Hush and HG at a bookstore back then, I liked Hush, Hush more. No regrets, though. But now it feels I'm the last one to jump in the bandwagon. When people started to read HG in school, I was like, "oh I know that book but I don't want to read it because I already know Mockingjay's ending/epilogue". It was true, I read a blog post from Alexandra Bracken's website. She's the author of Brightly Woven(side comment: first book I bought online, Amazon, to be exact. BW will always hold a special place in my heart. The book was amazing, btw, so no regrets.. oh wait there was a tiny bit when I clicked the 4-day shipping. I didn't click the 'Place Order' or something like that but 4 days later the book arrived and I was like "WTFHOWDIDTHISHAPPENIDIDNOTCLICKTHATBUTTON!!!" and I needed to wait a few days after to read it because at first I told my mom to just return it to the post office blah blah and just buy again but not the 4-day shipping anymore since it cost $40+ which sucked big time and suddenly returning it felt too complicated so we sticked with it).

Btw, I was made temporary treasurer for 2 weeks in class. I need to ask money from each student in my class for our mission month(to be donated to unfortunate people, I think). Oh life. My teachers replaced our current class officers for new ones and when she said names to who will replace whom, the chosen ones(lol sounds like HP) were like "WHAT?!" plus an :O expression. When I was called I became shocked and laughed. Not a fake one. Being a treasurer is srs bsns, thus the tag :)


Plus points for the red hair. I wish I had red hair. Oh well. 1:25 was cool.. the flowers moving in a wave effect. I had this song since 9/21, modesty aside. Hohoho. I think the video's amazing. It's a breath of fresh air from her usual videos(surprisingly there were no guy/s included in the video, probably because she's the "only girl in the world".. pun included? yes?).

No comments:

Post a Comment